National Advanced Placement English Program
College Board Resources:
is the organization that manages, writes, and distributes testing materials for SAT, AP exams, CLEP exams, and other testing materials.
- “A” or “B” in English 8 and Reading 8 AND teacher recommendation
Current High School Students and Transfer Students
- “A” or “B” in English with teacher recommendation
- “A” or “B” in pre-requisite AP Prep or AP English course
Summer Reading Requirements:
I. All students freshman through senior grade levels read two works that appear on our AP English Independent Reading List
during the summer. Some of these books may be available as ebooks in the THS Library or online. You will only be able to access this account if you are currently in high school (sorry, incoming freshmen!) For instructions on how to access your account, click here THS Library Follett Shelf E-book Access Instructions
Follow your specific grade level requirements!
II. Required documentation for incoming freshmen enrolled in English 9 AP Prep:
B. Complete a Summer Reading Log 2014
for the first novel from the AP English Independent Reading List
2. Bring your log and book with you to class on the first day of school.
1. You need to finish 50% of each set of chapter questions.
2. Bring your study guide and book with you to class on the first day of school.
III. Required documentation for incoming sophomores enrolled in English 10 AP Prep:
1. Confused? Use this Sample Reading Log
to help you.
2. Bring your log, study guide and books with you to class on the first day of school.
D. Read Ethan Frome.
E. Bring the study guide, play, novel, and log with you to class on the first day of school!
IV. Required documentation for juniors enrolled in AP III Literature and Composition:
1. Need an online copy of Comedy of Errors? Check out the links in the AP 10 section for audio,
text and a link to an ebook.
V. Required books for AP IV Language and Composition are Kaffir Boy, Angela's Ashes, Black Boy, and Fast Food Nation
B. For the autobiography you chose, the study guides are available below:
3. Use this Angela's Ashes Study Guide 2015 for Angela's Ashes.
C. For the Fast Food Nation annotation, follow the instructions in the summer reading letter above.
AP Testing Resources:
Si necesita Ud. ayuda en la traducción de este documento, por favor llama la especialista de ELL del distrito a 374-7014. The Tomah Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, sex (including transgender status, change of sex or gender identity) or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability (“Protected Classes”) in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities. The Coordinator of the District’s efforts to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is Dr. Paul Skofronick, 1310 Townline Road, Tomah, WI 54660 – phone: (608) 374-7011. Any inquiries regarding the application of the District’s non-discrimination policy may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.